Counselling for Cancer Patients
Facing a cancer diagnosis can be an incredibly challenging journey that not only affects the physical health of individuals, but also takes a toll on their mental and emotional well-being. The impact of a cancer diagnosis, as well as treatments, uncertainty, and potential life changes can lead to a number of worries for people living with cancer. Compassionate illness counselling can help to promote both physical and mental wellbeing during this challenging journey.
The Emotional Impact of Cancer
Being diagnosed with cancer and going through treatment is a tough time for any individual, and their loved ones. The many struggles that people are likely to face include:
- Anxiety about the uncertainty of the future.
- Fear of treatment outcomes & potential side effects.
- Feeling overwhelmed by the emotional burden of the diagnosis.
- Coping with changes in appearance and self-image.
- Negative impacts on relationships and social connections.
- Isolation due to the unique challenges of the cancer journey.
- Processing the emotional trauma associated with a diagnosis.
- Navigating the emotional aftermath of treatment & recovery.
Here at Angsana Psychology, our psychologist Dr Jinnie Ooi provides compassionate support and specialised counselling services tailored to address the unique needs of those going through cancer.
Within our oncology counselling in Norwich, we provide a supportive and empathetic space for individuals to express their feelings and concerns, offering validation and understanding throughout the cancer journey. As well as this, we can help you to develop effective coping mechanisms to manage distress and anxiety, enhancing your resilience against the emotional challenges of treatment.
Counselling for Cancer Patients in Norwich
If you or a loved one is grappling with mental health challenges associated with living with cancer, consider reaching out for professional support. We are committed to helping individuals regain a sense of control, find emotional balance, cultivate resilience throughout their cancer journey, and move forwards after physical recovery.
Contact us today for your initial assessment with our therapist in Norwich, where we will discuss your physical and mental health, and your therapy goals.