Childhood can be a time of wonder and growth, but certain life experiences can impact on children’s emotional wellbeing and development. At Angsana Psychology, we tailor our intervention to each child based on their developmental needs by offering specialist child counselling for a range of difficulties.
Child counselling can help with various difficulties, including:
- Anxiety: Childhood anxiety, phobias, and excessive worries can interfere with a child’s ability to thrive and enjoy everyday activities.
- Physical Health Issues: Living with a physical health condition can be especially challenging for children and their families.
- Behavioural Issues: Children may exhibit challenging behaviours which can disrupt family life and their own wellbeing.
- Depression: Some children experience symptoms of depression, such as feeling irritable or empty, changes in appetite or sleep, and loss of interest in activities they once enjoyed.
- Bereavement, Grief and Loss: Coping with the death of a loved one, divorce, or other significant losses can be difficult for a child.
- Family Changes: Adjusting to changes such as parental separation, blended families, or the arrival of a new sibling can be emotionally challenging for a child.
Child Psychology and Therapy Norwich
Recognising that children may need professional support to navigate these challenges is crucial. Our experienced clinical psychologist, Dr. Jinnie Ooi, offers child counselling in Norwich, within a nurturing and confidential therapeutic environment. Available both in-person and online, we work with children to understand the causes of their difficulties. Our approach integrates evidence-based techniques, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), tailored to each child’s unique needs and developmental stage.
Child Counselling Norwich
If you’re concerned about your child’s emotional wellbeing and development, take the first step and enquire about our child counselling services in Norwich. Contact us today to arrange an initial assessment where we can discuss your child’s challenges and create a personalised therapy plan to support their growth and wellbeing.