Burnout happens when we feel overwhelmed, emotionally drained, and unable to meet constant demands, especially in demanding work/family environments or long-term health conditions. More than just tiredness, the condition is an all-encompassing and enduring exhaustion that causes serious fatigue, affecting emotional, mental, and physical health. Burnout can manifest in a variety of ways, and its symptoms can sometimes vary from person to person.
Some of the common indicators of burnout include:
- Persistent fatigue, unexplained aches, and a sense of constant exhaustion.
- Reduced concentration, memory issues, and difficulty making decisions.
- Irritability, impatience, and reduced tolerance for everyday stressors.
- An increasingly negative, pessimistic, and cynical attitude towards work.
- Decline in productivity, decreased effectiveness, and withdrawal from responsibilities.
- Feeling disconnected from work or personal commitments, and reduced enthusiasm.
Individuals with burnout who are feeling emotionally exhausted are more likely to turn to unhelpful coping strategies – such as withdrawing from colleagues and other people, becoming detached at work, or soothing via alcohol consumption. Unfortunately, these coping strategies often lead to more problems, interfering with work performance, increasing anxiety and self-doubt which leads to greater exhaustion. At Angsana Psychology, we offer burnout therapy in Norwich, helping individuals facing the challenges of burnout to find healthy coping strategies in order to re-charge.
Burnout Therapy Norwich
If you are grappling with burnout’s impact on your life, Dr. Jinnie Ooi, our experienced clinical psychologist in Norwich, provides a safe and empathetic therapeutic environment, both in-person and online. Drawing on evidence-based modalities, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), our burnout therapy in Norwich is tailored to meet your unique needs. By delving into the root causes of your burnout, we aim to equip you with effective coping strategies, and pave a pathway to a more balanced and fulfilling life.
Contact us today for your initial consultation with our therapist in Norwich, to being your journey towards overcoming burnout and finding renewed energy for life.