Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT)
Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) is a compassionate and evidence-based therapeutic approach aimed at fostering emotional wellbeing. Combining elements of evolutionary, social, and developmental psychology with Buddhist philosophy and neuroscience, CFT empowers individuals to transform their relationship with their inner thoughts and emotions. By nurturing self-compassion, individuals can pave the way for personal growth and lasting change.
CFT can provide effective support for a wide range of issues, which include:
- Depression: CFT helps individuals address self-criticism and develop self-soothing skills, leading to reduced depressive symptoms.
- Anxiety: By cultivating self-compassion, CFT can alleviate anxiety and offer strategies for managing overwhelming worry and fear.
- Trauma and PTSD: CFT assists individuals in processing traumatic experiences and fostering self-compassion as a means of healing.
- Chronic Pain and Illness: CFT encourages self-compassion to cope with the challenges of chronic conditions.
- Relationship Difficulties: Enhancing self-compassion can improve communication and empathy within relationships.
- Stress and Burnout: CFT equips individuals with the tools to manage stress, prevent burnout, and promote emotional resilience.
- Low Self-Esteem: By fostering compassion, CFT helps individuals to build confidence, self-esteem, and self-worth.
Compassion Focused Therapy Norwich
Our CFT services in Norwich, led by Dr Jinnie Ooi, are tailored to meet your unique needs. At Angsana Psychology, we begin by conducting a comprehensive assessment to gain insight into your specific challenges and therapeutic goals. Whether you prefer in-person or online sessions, we offer flexible options to ensure accessibility and convenience.
Whether you’re having issues with low self-esteem, or are struggling with depression, learning the transformative power of self-compassion can start you on the path towards improved mental wellbeing.
Get in touch with us today to learn more about Compassion Focused Therapy, and to book in your initial consultation with our psychologist in Norwich.